“Behold, indeed, the gallows standing at Haman’s house fifty cubits high, which Haman made for Mordecai who spoke good on behalf of the king!” And the king said, “Hang him on it.” So they hanged Haman on the gallows which he had prepared for Mordecai, and the king’s anger subsided.
I wonder if I’m building myself a big old gallows by taking on all this stuff at WPI, only to be hung on that very thing?
For example, today:
1. Met with my advisor, John Trimbur, about all sorts of things. Resolution: don’t do a Sufficiency, do overload, and definitely take a class from one Professor Shannon. Otherwise, my course of study looks good. This is reassuring; I may graduate.
2. Met with IQP group, consisting of three men, Lesley, myself, and our advisor, Erwin Danneel. Inconclusive but worrisome, as it emphasized how unorganized the entire thing was. Also Lesley and I are unsure what part of the marketing of scripts we want to focus on. I anticipate pouring tremendous a volume of energy into the next two terms.
3. Retrieved the 30-lb box of Lands’ End dishes from my mailbox, washed them, and oohed and aahed over them with Lesley. Commence Operation Hurricane B!
4. Scouted out my classrooms, discovering with no little dismay I would spend the vast majority of my time in Stratton Hall, mostly on the 2nd and 3rd floor.
5. Made an appearance at the Student Activities Fair going on and contacted the on campus Christian Bible Fellowship. I think their weekly Bible study will get a new attendee.
It’s been quite the run-around-y day, not to end yet because it’s only 2:45 and Price Chopper calls. Days can feel quite long when you get up early enough—which I’m purposely doing, rising by 7:30 every morning (preferably 7:00); it gives me time to do a morning Bible study, which I find starts my day off on the right foot.
Other news: our server, Odin, is set up. We plan to put it out in the living room as a Media Server; it will hook up to the TV and receiver so we get good mp3 sound and can watch Homestar Runner on a 28” screen. Imagine the possibilities. I’m afraid deep thinking hasn’t occurred much of late, possibly because it hasn’t been required. After classes start, who knows what’ll happen? I posted a lot last year because I had a lot of free time, but with my IQP and overloading many a term… Who can say? But classes start tomorrow at 10:00 with Calc. Perhaps even now I’m fitting that noose around my neck…
– KF –