But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.
1 Tim. 6:8
Monday (6:00 – 8:10)
Cool with a high in the mid-40s and lows in the 20s. Partly cloudy with rain showers in the morning and a chance of sun breaks later in the afternoon.
Waking up, finding it’s windy and cold outside but riding anyways, then getting on the train and warming up, arriving in Worcester to powerful headwinds but ultimately taking a hot shower to defrost the fingers.
Tuesday (8:10 – 10:00)
Chilly with highs in the 20s and lows in the 0s. High wind warning, with sunshine expected throughout the day. Winds may reach up to 40 or 50 miles an hour.
Getting settled at work, finishing the report I left half-finished yesterday, spending an hour training the Kathys on how to paginate and create archive forms.
Wednesday (10:00 – 1:00)
Hot with highs expected in the mid-90s and lows in the 60s. Extremely humid. 80% chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon followed by heavy rainfall and high winds expected. Motorists should be advised that heavy rains may cause flooding in some areas, with possible blow-downs or downed electrical lines.
Sudden panic when I have to run the shuttle and realize I never emptied it yesterday evening. Arriving with the full cart to find QA auditor waiting at my cube to sign a report I hadn’t gotten back from Kathy’s QC yet. Making Kathy’s changes to the report, walking the QA statement over to be signed, arriving back at my cube to have another QA auditor appear to sign a final report amendment. Having lab methods piling up 10-deep in my box with requests from chemists for particularly urgent ones constantly distracting me.
Thursday (1:00 – 4:00)
Blustery with highs in the low 30s and a low around 15?F. Winds expected to reach 25 mph, with a 70% chance of sleet later. Icy accumulation likely to form on roadways; motorists should avoid driving if possible.
Finding the QA statement I walked over to QA earlier was wrong, talking to the auditor and realizing the report wouldn’t ship out today, finishing the final report amendment and spending two hours trying to get the PDF creator to correctly PDF a draft report (ultimately adding bookmarks in by hand). More LMs, four finalization requests, receive sponsor comments to address, and running the afternoon shuttle.
Friday (4:00 – 6:00)
Moderate temperatures with highs in the 60s and a low around 45. Breezy all day, partly cloudy with 40% chance of rain but possible sun in the afternoon. Warm front will bring in thunderstorms by evening, with higher winds and heavy rainfall.
Calming down, sitting on the messed-up report until tomorrow, trying to sign another final report amendment up to getting the scientist’s signature only to find out (by walking to QA again) that the QA auditor had left for the day. Alphabetizing LMs and sending four finalization requests in the evening. Getting on my bike, riding across the parking lot, and hearing a heart-sinking hissing noise from a slow leak that just manifested itself. Riding the train trying to find the leak and meeting Ian at the train station.
Saturday (6:00 – 8:00)
Sunny with highs in the 70s and lows in the mid-50s. May become overcast later in the day, with possible overnight rain showers.
Taking the rear wheel off, then watching B5 and eating dinner for a break. Changing the tube all by myself, with Ian advising, and getting hands quite filthy. Putting wheel back together and back onto bike, troubleshooting a chain problem, and realizing it’s freezing outside.