You get us ready for life:
you probe for our soft spots,
you knock off our rough edges.
And I’m feeling so fit, so safe:
made right, kept right.
If you’ve been thinking to yourself, “I wish I could hire a talented writer and editor who’s a bicycle expert, is an excellent communicator and teacher, and is ferociously well organized, cheerful, energetic, and maybe slightly crazy,” you’re in luck. This 26-year-old is freshly under-employed through no fault of her own. Her misfortune is your good fortune.
Skills and qualifications include:
- Keen editorial eye.
- Sharp, concise, and clear writing abilities.
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills.
- Natural-born teacher.
- Efficient, focused, and… squirrel!
- Bachelor of Science in Technical, Scientific, and Professional Communications.
- League of American Bicyclists Certified Instructor.
- 3.5 years at preclinical testing facility.
- 1.5 years as AmeriCorps intern and bicycle educator and advocate.
- Proficient computer user.
- Rapidly able to learn new skills.
- Smart, talented, and naturally humble.
- Substantively revising, editing, copyediting, and proofreading two bicycling-related curricula: One to teach PE teachers about how to become safe bicyclists and how to teach bicycling to their students; and one for the students themselves.
- Traveling to small, remote towns around Washington State and teaching 2-day bicycle seminars to PE teachers (this is much more involved and challenging than it sounds).
- Organizing outreach events and volunteers for the Bicycle Alliance of Washington.
- Writing, revising, and shipping FDA-, OECD-, and other regulatory-compliant immunology, dose formulation analysis, and bioanalysis reports for Charles River Laboratories.
- Writing six really bad novels during six National Novel Writing Months.
- Working effectively with some exceptionally strange personality types.
Of course, these lists don’t begin to hint at the fun-loving, cheerful, energetic, and good-natured personality now available as a valuable addition to your business. You really want to hire me to do something part-time, bike-related, and fun!