“And don’t say anything you don’t mean. … You only make things worse when you lay down a smoke screen of pious talk, saying, ‘I’ll pray for you,’ and never doing it, or saying, ‘God be with you,’ and not meaning it.
It’s been a while since I updated my Other Katie Files, and I’ve had a few doozies lately. For those of you unaware of the Other Katie situation, check out these previous posts:
- May 7, 2009: Would the Real Katie Ferguson Please Stand Up?
- October 12, 2009: Another Chapter in The Other Katie Saga
- December 4, 2009: Doings and Goings-On
- January 4, 2010: The Truth Revealed!
- July 28, 2010: The Other Katie, Redux
- March 26, 2011: Identity: More of the Other Katie
Before I get to the latest Other Katies, I’d like to point out the SSA’s really interesting Baby Name Popularity website, which gives all manner of data on baby names. As a result, I now know that in 1984, my birth year, the name Katie was 44th in popularity; Kathleen (my full name) was 71st; Kaitlyn was 90th, with other spelling variations falling lower, but still frequent; Katherine was 90th anc Catherine was 69th. All this results in lots and lots of women in their late 20s walking around with the name Katie, or something similar.