Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
- The city employees who clean the leaves off the Burke-Gilman trail in Seattle and the I-90 trail on Mercer Island. They keep the trail beautifully clear and rideable 90% of the time during the leaf-falling season.
- The end of my AmeriCorps internship. Today is my last day at the Bike Alliance, and tomorrow I have a closing AmeriCorps ceremony in Trout Lake. Then
- The dehydrator JoAnn Yoshimoto from work loaned me, which allowed us to convert lots of apples into a manageable amount of dried apple slices.
- My new Schwalbe Marathon tires, and Dean Sabol at Pedal Dynamics, who hand-delivered them to my house yesterday evening — and then installed them and fixed my finnicky front brake, too.
- Tailwinds on the way home.
- Our beautiful bookshelves. And, in fact, our warm cozy home in general.
- Friends and family with whom we can share our lives, our home, and most of all our food.
In the next few weeks, with my internship over and no contract yet with the Bicycle Alliance for anything else, I plan on going Christmas tree hunting with Dad; baking delicious things for Thanksgiving; and going on a long vacation to Seaside, Oregon with Ian.